- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2019060422
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Resolution of a dispute through arbitration rather than through an action in court typically arises when the parties have agreed by written contract to submit to arbitration.
This two-hour session will cover
- enforceable arbitration clauses
- the process by which disputes are brought to arbitration
- challenges to arbitration
- the conduct of arbitration proceedings
- the difference between arbitration and proceedings in court
- selection of arbitrators
- use of experts in arbitration
- availability of arbitration in the United States
- options for assistance in administering arbitration
- the process for compelling production of documents from a non-party
- the CPA’s actions regarding an arbitration subpoena
- To understand the basics of arbitration
- To understand how arbitration differs from an action in court
- To understand how to talk with clients who have entered into or are considering entering into a contract with provision for arbitration of disputes
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic/intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.