- This event has passed.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
COURSE NUMBER: 2020021438
This class has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 20, 2020, at the request of the speaker.
This session will cover legislative, judicial and IRS guidance of the past year as it impacts sole proprietorships, corporations, S corporations, partnerships and LLCs. This shall include proposed and final regulations under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The session is designed to assist CPAs in business tax planning matters. The session will provide coverage of the most recent IRS rulings, regulations and procedures, and relevant tax court cases impacting various forms of businesses. Among the areas covered are the following:
- recent developments regarding sole proprietorships and hobby loss provisions (Schedule C and F)
- net operating loss provisions
- section 179 and bonus depreciation for the upcoming tax filing season
- net business interest expense deduction
- updates on meals and entertainment expense deductions
- C corp. update
- update on the expansion of cash method of accounting
- business tax credit update
- foreign income issues
- S corporation update including basis issues
- partnership and LLC update including partnership representation matters
- employment tax update and 2020 new form 1099-NEC reporting
- nonprofit tax update
- provisions of the Taxpayer First Act of 2019
- Texas tax update
Recent developments associated with healthcare reporting for large and small businesses will be discussed. The seminar will discuss planning issues regarding the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Relevant provisions of the recently enacted Taxpayer First Act of 2019 will be discussed as they impact CPAs and service from the IRS.
Blaise promises that this will be one of the most exciting and challenging tax seasons CPAs have ever faced with respect to our business clients.
Course Objective(s): Attendees will understand legislative, judicial and IRS guidance of the past year as it impacts sole proprietorships, corporations, S corporations, partnerships and LLCs to include revisions and new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.
Materials delivered electronically; lunch included.