- This event has passed.
This class is now closed. Please refer to the Business Tax Update on February 20, 2019: https://sacpasociety.com/continuing-education-events/new-class-added-business-tax-update-february/
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
COURSE NUMBER: 2019021538
This session will cover legislative, judicial and IRS guidance of the past year as it impacts sole proprietorships, corporations, S Corporations, partnerships and LLCs. This shall include revisions and new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
The session is designed to assist CPAs in business tax planning matters. The session will provide coverage of the most recent IRS rulings, procedures, and relevant tax court cases impacting various forms of businesses. Among the areas covered are the following:
- recent developments regarding Sole Proprietorships and Hobby Loss Provisions (Schedule C and F)
- new Net Operating Loss Provisions
- revised Section 179 and Bonus Depreciation
- new Net Business Interest Expense Deduction
- revised Meals and Entertainment Expense Deductions
- new rules on Deduction for Fines and Penalties
- C Corp update
- expansion of Cash Method of Accounting
- Business Tax Credit update
- S Corporation update
- Partnership and LLC update
- Employment Tax update
- Nonprofit Tax update
- Texas tax Update
- recent developments associated with healthcare for large and small businesses
Extended provisions under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 will also be discussed including planning issues regarding the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Blaise promises that this will be one of the most exciting, challenging and fun tax seasons CPAs have ever faced with respect to our business clients.
Course Objective(s): Attendees will understand legislative, judicial and IRS guidance of the past year as it impacts sole proprietorships, corporations, S Corporations, partnerships and LLCs to include revisions and new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.
Materials delivered electronically; lunch included.