Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This course will examine accounting tax issues associated with construction and real estate industries. Specifically, the session will discuss
- updates of FASB statements and proposals including ASC
- accounting for impairment and disposition of fixed assets
- bonding and Texas mechanics lien laws
- cash flow reporting
- accounting and tax issues for acquisition development and construction cost
- like kind exchanges and choice of entity
- recent tax developments affecting construction and real estate
Participants will understand accounting and tax issues associated with construction and real estate as well as recent tax developments affecting the industry.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic to intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.