Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
The purpose of this course is to discuss updates, including the new 2017 Tax Act provisions, to the tools and techniques being adopted in today’s estate planning environment. Specifically, the course will address updates on the following issues:
- appropriate wills and POAs
- trusts (testamentary and inter vivos)
- Texas probate and procedure
- estates, gift and generation-skipping taxes
- forms 709 and 706
- FLPs, GRATs, Defective Grantor Trusts, QPRs, ILITs, etc.
- non-probate assets
- IRS audit considerations
Course Objective(s): Participants will learn the latest information and tax regulations for estate planning.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.