Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
COURSE NUMBER: 2019012838
Whether you are a generalist or a tax specialist, you will take away valuable information and insights from this eight-hour program. The course will bring you up-to-date on current issues in federal income taxation affecting individuals and small business owners with emphasis on coverage and analysis of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including the regulations for section 199A, the passthrough deduction; 2018 tax legislation; updates and new developments of 2017 and earlier tax law; important court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; IRS revenue rulings and procedures; and more!
FLASH ALERT – Steve says there’s a lot to cover. He vows to tell you what you need to know! Can he do it all in one day??? Sign Up Now!!!
YOUR INSTRUCTOR WILL ADDRESS THE HOT TOPICS OF 2018
- 2018 PROPOSED REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT — Section 199A. The IRS has issued guidance addressing computational, definitional and anti-abuse rules for this new passthrough deduction. Steve will analyze and discuss, in depth, the details you need to know and bring you up-to-date on new developments. Hear all about it. Sign Up Now!
- 2018 PROPOSED REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT — Bonus Depreciation. The IRS has issued guidance for this new 100-percent write-off. There is good news and bad news. Steve will give you the details.
- 2017 TAX LAW – TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT — A sweeping rewrite of the Code. Steve will spend most of the day discussing and analyzing the individual and business provisions of this legislation. You don’t want to miss it. Sign Up Now!
- 2018 FINAL REGULATIONS – PARTNERSHIP AUDIT RULES — Partnership Representative. The new partnership audit rules start with the 2018 taxable year. You must identify a partnership representative – or the IRS will do it for you. If you’ve been waiting for final guidance, here it is. No more procrastination. It’s decision time! Ask questions. Get answers.
- NEW HOT ISSUE — S corporation basis reporting. With the AICPA’s blessing? What did you say? Tell me it’s not true. What’s next? Sign Up and find out.
- NOTEWORTHY COURT CASE — Compensation versus dividend. C corporation versus S corporation. The Tax Court did something not seen in a generation. Unbelievable!
- PLANNING — Uncertainty Rules!!! Tax planning is more important than ever! Are you ready? Why does Steve say that S corporations now may be more important than ever?
- PLANNING — Uncertainty Rules!!! Should your passthrough entity become a C corporation?
- IMPORTANT — updates and new developments covering 2017 and earlier tax law AND court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS — affecting partnerships and LLCs, and S corporations.
- MORE DEVELOPING HOT ISSUES AND EVEN MORE! — Will You Be There?
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.