Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
COURSE NUMBER: 2020012738
Instructor: Steven J. Tillinger
Location: La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio Medical Ctr NW
Whether you are a generalist or a tax specialist, you will take away valuable information and insights from this eight-hour program. The course will bring you up-to-date on current issues in federal income taxation affecting individuals and small business owners with emphasis on coverage and analysis of 2019 tax legislation, both final and proposed; updates and new developments of 2018 and earlier tax law, with emphasis on developments with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act; important court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; IRS revenue rulings and procedures; and more!
FLASH ALERT – Steve says there’s a lot to cover. He vows to tell you what you need to know! Can he do it all in one day??? Sign Up Now!!!
YOUR INSTRUCTOR WILL ADDRESS THE HOT TOPICS OF 2019
* 2019 TAX LAW – TAXPAYER FIRST ACT – Congress has reorganized the IRS for the first time in more than 30 years, addressing its organizational structure, customer service, enforcement procedures, cybersecurity and identity protection, management of information technology, and more. This will affect those of you that interface with the IRS.
* 2019 PROPOSED TAX LAW – SECURE ACT – Congress is working on tax legislation that would make substantial changes in the retirement area intended to expand access to retirement plans. There is bipartisan support in Congress to get this bill passed. So what’s the hold-up? Did I hear Senator Cruz’s name mentioned? Sign up and find out!
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — SECTION 199A. Steve will continue his comprehensive coverage, analysis and update of the pass-through deduction and other provisions of the most significant revision to the tax laws in more than 30 years. Come join the conversation. Learn all about it. Sign up, and Steve will bring you up to date.
* PROPOSED REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — SECTION 163(j). Steve will continue his comprehensive coverage, analysis and update of the interest expense limitation and other provisions of this major legislation. Learn all about it. Sign up and Steve will bring you up to date.
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — BONUS DEPRECIATION. These final regulations affect not only cost recovery deductions but also affect the section 199A deduction and the section 163(j) interest expense limitation. Be sure to attend and get brought up to date.
* ACCOUNTING METHODS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — A lot of CPAs were surprised that the small business exception did not apply to some of their clients. Why? Because they were tax shelters! Find out if your client is a tax shelter. You may be surprised! Sign up now!
* ACCOUNTING METHODS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — Congress has accelerated the reporting of income, but not cost offsets, for certain accrual method taxpayers. Are your clients affected by this new permanent change to the all-events test? Sign up and find out!
* HOT ISSUE – ACCURACY-RELATED PENALTY — You know it as the 20-percent underpayment penalty. Think uncertainty with section 199A, section 163(j), method of accounting/tax shelter rules. How do you protect your client and yourself? It’s all included in this year’s tax update. Sign up now!
* NEW HOT ISSUE — Back-door Roth IRAs. They’re in the news again. Will Congress shut them down?
* NEW HOT ISSUE — Partnership/LLC negative tax basis capital account reporting. New reporting requirements. It’s mandatory. What’s this all about? Sign up and find out.
* NEW HOT ISSUE — S corporation tax basis reporting. With the AICPA’s blessing? What did you say? Tell me it’s not true. It is and was part of 2018 tax return reporting. It’s mandatory. Did you miss it? Did you ignore it? You need to sign up and find out what’s going on.
* NOTEWORTHY COURT CASES — Tax return preparer penalty. The first one since who knows when. What happened? What can we learn? Sign up and find out.
* PLANNING — Uncertainty Rules!!! Tax planning is more important than ever! Are you ready? Why does Steve say that S corporations now may be more important than ever? No wait. Did he just say that about C corporations too?
* IMPORTANT — Updates and new developments covering 2019 and earlier tax law AND court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
* NEW DEVELOPMENTS — affecting partnerships and LLCs, and S corporations – as they happen – keeping you up to date.
* MORE DEVELOPING HOT ISSUES AND EVEN MORE! — Will you be there?
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.