COURSE #: 2019082022
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This session is a sequel to the update presented on February 13, 2019. It reviews the important, recent developments in the Texas franchise tax and sales tax laws that affect your tax compliance and tax planning practices.
- recent court cases and policies affecting the sales tax and franchise tax including the revenue exclusions, COGS calculation, tax rate, and apportionment issues
- the South Dakota v. Wayfair decision and how it affects the Texas franchise tax calculation for Texas businesses and those outside selling into Texas
Course Objective(s): Participants will
- gain an understanding of recent Texas franchise and sales tax developments
- learn how the Wayfair case affects Texas franchise and sales taxes as well as other states’ taxation of internet and remote sales
- know the extended ramifications of the Wayfair decision
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is review & update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.