- This event has passed.
See February 13, 2020 for available registration space in Individual Tax Update
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
COURSE NUMBER: 2020010638
This session will cover legislative, judicial, and IRS guidance of the past year as it affects individual taxpayers. This shall include proposed and final regulations revisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
The session is also designed to assist CPAs in individual tax planning for their clients. The session will provide coverage of the latest IRS rulings, regulations and procedures impacting individuals as well as an up-to-date assessment of important tax court decisions. Among the areas covered are the following:
- revised filing status and new due diligence requirements for head of household status
- revised form 1040 and associated schedules
- items of gross income and revised exclusions from gross income and reporting issues
- passive activity loss issues and basis reporting issues
- revised adjustments to gross income
- revised standard deduction provisions
- revised itemized deduction provisions including new regulations on SALT and charitable contributions
- revised Qualified Business Income Deduction and new forms requirements
- AMT and other tax issues
- personal tax credits issues
- estate and trust update
- tax procedures update
The seminar will discuss planning issues. Blaise promises that this will be one of the most challenging and fun tax seasons CPAs have ever faced.
Course Objective(s): Attendees will understand legislative, judicial, and IRS guidance of the past year as it affects individual taxpayers including revisions and new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.
Materials delivered electronically; lunch included.