- This event has passed.
This class is now closed.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
COURSE NUMBER: 2019021438
This session will cover legislative, judicial, and IRS guidance of the past year as it affects individual taxpayers. This shall include revisions and new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The session is designed to assist CPAs in individual tax planning for their clients. The session will provide coverage of the latest IRS rulings and procedures impacting individuals as well as an up-to-date assessment of important tax court decisions.
Among the areas covered are the following:
- revised filing status and new due diligence requirements for Head of Household status
- new IRS Form 1040 S (Simplified) and new associated schedules
- Items of Gross Income and Revised Exclusions from Gross Income
- Passive Activity Loss Issues
- revised adjustments to Gross Income
- new standard deduction provisions
- new itemized deduction provisions
- new Qualified Business Income deduction
- revised AMT and other tax issues (revised Kiddie tax)
- revised personal tax credits including new Child Tax Credit
- estate and trust update
Extended provisions under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 will also be examined. The seminar will discuss planning issues regarding the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Blaise promises that this will be one of the most challenging and fun tax seasons CPAs have ever faced.
Course Objective(s): Attendees will understand legislative, judicial, and IRS guidance of the past year as it affects individual taxpayers including revisions and new provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.
Materials delivered electronically; lunch included