- This event has passed.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This course will analyze the M&A transaction process with a focus on
- areas where a company’s CPA plays a critical role and can add value including preparing a company for sale
- understanding value drivers and detractors to evaluate pricing
- transaction structures
- buyer and seller negotiating points
- pitfalls to avoid
- strategies to add value
Learning Objective(s): Participants will understand
- best practices to prepare a company for sale to maximize value
- the difference between strategic and financial (private equity) buyers and what each is looking for
- how to identify differences between stock and assets sales and strategies to address issues with each
- the steps in the sales process and how to add value to each
- tax planning nuances
- key legal documents and the importance of each
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required. A basic level of M&As is helpful.