COURSE #: 2019082138
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Whether you are a generalist or a tax specialist, you will take away valuable information and insights from this eight-hour program. The course will bring you up to date on current issues in federal income taxation affecting individuals and small business owners with emphasis on coverage and analysis of any 2019 tax legislation, both final and proposed; updates and new developments of 2018 and earlier tax law, with emphasis on developments with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act; important court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; IRS revenue rulings and procedures and more!
FLASH ALERT – Steve says there’s a lot to cover. He vows to tell you what you need to know! Can he do it all in one day??? Sign Up Now!!!
YOUR INSTRUCTOR WILL ADDRESS THE HOT TOPICS OF 2019
*2019 TAX LAW – PROPOSED – Congress is working on tax legislation that would make substantial changes in the retirement area; that would restructure the IRS; that would make technical corrections to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act; and that would retroactively reinstate provisions that had expired at the end of 2017 and 2018. Is there enough bipartisan support in Congress to get any of these things done? Sign-Up and Find Out!
* 2017 TAX LAW – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — Steve will continue his comprehensive coverage, analysis and update of the most significant revision to the tax laws in more than 30 years. Come join the conversation. Learn all about it. Sign Up and Steve will bring you Up-To-Date.
* THE IRS AND TAX RETURN PREPARERS — There’s good news and bad news regarding your PTIN. / Can you rely on FAQs? The IRS sent a memo to its Field Examination Directors. What did it say? You need to Sign Up Right Now! Did you know that the IRS is data mining social media? And the IRS still wants to regulate tax preparers — and guess what – so do some members of Congress! Steve’s got the details. Sign Up Now!
* NEW HOT ISSUE — Partnership/LLC negative tax capital account reporting. It’s mandatory. What are you talking about? Sign Up and Find Out.
* NEW HOT ISSUE — Self-employment tax. Limited liability interests. The IRS is cracking down on limited partners and members of LLCs. Learn all about it. Sign Up Now!
* NEW HOT ISSUE — S corporation basis reporting. With the AICPA’s blessing? What did you say? Tell me it’s not true. What’s next? Sign Up and Find Out.
* NOTEWORTHY COURT CASES — Tax return preparer penalty. The first one since who knows when. What happened? What can we learn? Sign Up and Find Out.
* PLANNING — Uncertainty Rules!!! Tax planning is more important than ever! Are you ready? Why does Steve say that S corporations now may be more important than ever? No wait. Did he just say that about C corporations too?
* IMPORTANT — updates and new developments covering 2018 and earlier tax law AND court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
* NEW DEVELOPMENTS — affecting partnerships and LLCs, and S corporations.
* MORE DEVELOPING HOT ISSUES AND EVEN MORE! — Will You Be There?
- update the tax practitioner on recent developments in federal income taxation
- recognize planning opportunities due to changes in federal income tax law
- prepare the tax practitioner for discussions with clients on important changes in this area of tax law
- help the tax practitioner understand reporting responsibilities
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.