COURSE #: 2019061822
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This presentation is a deep dive into the construction industry as
it relates to Texas sales and use tax compliance. There are many
pitfalls due to the complexity of the laws and presumptions that
taxpayers may need to overcome. Discussion will include
- the importance of the contract/invoicing
- new construction vs remodel/repair
- residential vs non-residential construction
This course will be filled with practical examples in a technical environment.
Course Objective(s): Participants will
- learn definitions as per the state sales tax law
- how to properly structure contracts
- determine taxability based on the nature of project and contract
- learn the tax technicalities of a contractor and the practical management for compliance
- gain an advanced knowledge of Texas Sales and Use Tax as it pertains to contractors, and
- more relevant topics
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction
and the program level is intermediate. There are no prerequisites
for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.