- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2020102738
INSTRUCTOR: Robert Nelson, JD, CPA
8 CE hours
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
The purpose of this seminar is to discuss, update and review sales and use taxes with a primary emphasis on Texas sales and use tax. This seminar will provide a practical overview and understanding of sales and use tax and will enable attendees to feel comfortable when dealing with sales and use tax issues. Also, this seminar will feature a brief overview and discussion of the Texas Franchise Tax. It will also discuss in detail the recent Supreme Court decision, Wayfair, and its effect on Texas and other states. Topics include
- various types of sales and use taxes adopted throughout the U.S.
- how the use tax operates
- constitutional issues related to sales and use tax
- nexus issues
- sales tax on services vs tangible property
- measuring the sales and use tax
- exemptions and exclusions
- sales and use tax in specific industries
- drop shipments
- mail order and internet sales
- resale issues
- sales and use tax audits and administrative hearings
- brief overview and discussion of the Texas Franchise Tax
The purpose is to discuss, update and review sales and use taxes, with an emphasis on Texas sales and use tax. This seminar will enable attendees to feel comfortable when dealing with sales and use tax issues.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.