- This event has passed.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Launch SA – San Antonio’s Free Entrepreneurship and Small Business Center
Launch SA is San Antonio’s free entrepreneurship and small business center located at the downtown public library. By way of a partnership between the City of San Antonio and LiftFund, a non-profit CDFI (Community Development Financial Institution), the center offers free support to anyone looking to start or grow their business. Come hear Launch SA’s director, Ryan Salts, discuss the multiple programs Launch SA offers for clients to hone or learn the necessary skills to develop their ideas and understand the landscape so as to mitigate potential risks in starting or growing a business.
Course Objective(s): Participants will understand
- available resources in the community for those starting or growing a business
- opportunities that provide key skill development for business growth and development as well as risk mitigation
- accessible programs that cater to specific business types and statuses that are extensible to multiple pathways
- opportunities that exist through CDFI funding for early or growing small businesses
SBA 504 &7(a) Programs: Capitalize on SBA Financing to Grow Your Business
Jaime Gutierrez is the Business Banking Senior Development Officer for Bank of America covering the entire state of Texas. He has been a small business lender for over 21 years and seeks to dispel many misconceptions in the marketplace regarding SBA lending. Sign up for this luncheon presentation to learn
- pros and cons of SBA lending
- terms and uses of the various SBA loan programs
- sample structures and benefits to utilizing the SBA program
- newly updated equity requirements for business acquisitions and partner buyouts implemented January 2018
In this interactive presentation, Jaime will share his knowledge gained from 21 years experience in SBA lending through real world examples.
Course Objective(s): This presentation is designed to provide CPAs with a working knowledge of the SBA program and its benefits in order to provide their business owner clients with the advice they need to help them grow their businesses.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic to intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.