COURSE #: 2019061121
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Your client has just received a Texas sales tax or franchise tax audit assessment. What should be done? Should your client
- proceed with an Independent Audit Review conference or challenge the assessment at administrative hearings
- initiate a lawsuit in state district court
- undertake a combination of these options
This presentation provides an analytical framework for determining the best option and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the various places where taxpayers may challenge a Comptroller assessment.
Course Objective(s): Participants will
- understand how to properly advise clients on contesting Texas tax assessments
- discover a framework for analyzing where best to undertake challenge
- review the procedural rules for tax assessments
- learn how the rules of statutory construction affect the analysis
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.
1 hour CPE