COURSE #: 2019121322
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This course introduces the basic concepts of Social Security and Medicare. The course will educate attendees on the terminology used by the Social Security Administration. The presenter will discuss
- qualifications for retirement benefits
- filing decisions for married couples, widows/widowers, divorced individuals and singles
- the taxation of Social Security retirement benefits
- the Windfall Elimination Provision & Government Pension Offset, both of which can reduce total retirement benefits
- Medicare Parts A – D including coverage deductibles, premiums, and out-of-pocket costs.
- the Medicare Donut Hole
- Medigap policies offered by commercial insurance companies
Learning Objective(s): Attendees will understand the most recent information issued by the Social Security Administration as it relates to the above topics.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.
- Thomas Gallagher, CFP, MassMutual