- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2019071722
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
The IRS has ramped up enforcement in certain areas and, with a new Commissioner in place, now is a good time to consider hot topics in tax controversy.
The presenters will discuss areas where the IRS (and Department of Justice) focuses enforcement activity.
Attendees will benefit by being able to help their clients avoid costly errors in areas where the government is looking for issues.
- to understand the IRS/DOJ reoriented efforts to penalize unreported foreign assets
- to prepare for legal marijuana and the related tax compliance issues
- to determine if clients are impacted by the new partnership audit regime
- to understand cryptocurrency enforcement
- to learn the new developments in collection and civil penalties
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.