- This event has passed.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This newly-developed course will provide an expansive discussion and overview of various tax issues currently being confronted by CPAs and accountants. Specifically, it will discuss
- compensation related issues (options, deferred comp., restricted stock)
- expense reimbursements
- employee/independent contractors
- corporate structuring alternatives
- dealing with IRS audit
- collections and controversies
- multi-state and Texas corporate tax and sales tax issues
- Comptroller controversies
- Delaware holding companies
- foreign tax issues
- joint ventures
- corporate and partnership entity issues
- tax-free reorganizations
- selected estate and gift tax issues
- new 2017 Tax Act Provisions such as Opportunity Zones and Section 199A
Learning Objective(s): Participants will obtain a broad understanding and update of a variety of tax issues confronted by CPAs and accountants in day-to-day operations.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic to intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.