- This event has passed.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Attend this course to gain in-depth knowledge of Texas franchise tax issues arising in Texas’ major industries. This course will cover the governing law and Texas franchise tax problem sets regarding
- revenue exclusions for real estate activities
- revenue exclusions for oil & gas production
- COGS subtraction for real estate activities
- heavy equipment rental issues
- COGS installation labor
- compensation deduction
- transportation apportionment issues
- management company issues
- combined reporting and PL 86-272
- Texas research exemption/credit
- medical exclusion issues
Our instructor is an attorney from Martens, Todd, Leonard & Ahlrich, who works on the front lines trying complex Texas franchise tax cases in court and handling the related appeals. She will discuss the potential extensions of the cases she’s tried and preserving claims for refund.
This course will provide CPAs and return preparers with the opportunity to develop their franchise tax knowledge and skills through application of relevant concepts to problem sets.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is intermediate. Attendees should have a basic understanding of the Franchise tax.