- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2019041122
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Most businesses have trademarks and/or service marks as part of their business assets however, these assets are often overlooked and taken for granted until a problem arises. Often, the problem arises when a competitor adopts a similar mark and consumer confusion occurs. In such a scenario, having the mark registered can be important leverage for your client, and may cause the dispute to end quickly.
The present course will explain
- how trademark/service mark rights arise
- important limitations on those rights
- the benefits a trademark/service mark registration provides
- the registration process
This course will help attendees
- recognize when their clients have trademark and/or service mark rights
- understand the benefits (and possible pitfalls) of trademark/service mark registration
- better serve their clients’ business interests
- increase value to the CPA’s role
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.