- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2019110522 – This course will be rescheduled in March 2020
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Knowledge is the most effective tool in security. This presentation will include basic framing of internet technologies that you’ve probably heard about but never really had explained in terms you can apply to your daily behaviors to keep yourself safe online. We will discuss
- “self guard” security
- concepts & tactics to use to mitigate/minimize risk
- anatomy of an email & web request, breaking these into their pieces as it relates to “ports” and security risks
- continuous security training that can keep us informed about security trends
- behavioral recommendations with regard to passwords
- a list of actions to implement at home/work
Learning Objective(s): The audience will gain a better understanding of how things work behind the scenes allowing them to apply that knowledge in protecting themselves.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is group-live instruction and the program level is basic. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.