- This event has passed.
INSTRUCTOR: Blaise Bender, JD, CPA
8 CPE HOURS
This class is a “live” webinar. Registration will close 2/11/2021 at 4:00 pm.
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This session will cover Legislative, Judicial and IRS guidance of the past year as it impacts Sole Proprietorships, Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships and LLCs.
This section shall also include
• business tax provisions and legislation under the CARES Act for the upcoming tax season
• recently issued regulations under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act pertaining to business matters
• coverage of the most recent IRS rulings, regulations and procedures, and relevant tax court cases impacting various forms of businesses
• recent developments regarding sole proprietorships and hobby loss provisions (Schedule C and F)
• revised net operating loss provisions
• Section 179 and bonus depreciation for the upcoming tax filing season
• revised net business interest expense deduction
• final regulations on meals and entertainment expense deductions
• C Corp update
• updates on business tax credits
• foreign income issues
• S Corporation update including basic issues
• Partnership and LLC update including partnership representation matters and centralized audit issues
• employment tax update and 2020 new form 1099-NEC Reporting and Payroll Matters
• nonprofit tax update
• Texas Tax update in light of Covid
The seminar will discuss business planning issues. Blaise indicates, like last year, that this will be one of the most challenging and fun tax seasons CPAs have ever faced.
Course Objective(s): This seminar will discuss information designed to assist CPAs in business tax planning matters.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.