Course Number: 2021042721
1 CPE hour
Instructor: Pimlar Solutions
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Join Pimlar Solutions’ licensed financial investigators for a discussion about small/medium clients and the importance of compliance in their business.
Many small and medium sized businesses do not have the knowledge base in compliance to know what they should be doing and how if they do it well, it can dramatically affect the way they manage their business.
We will discuss how CPAs can expand their offerings either directly, or through partnerships with compliance experts, to deliver true value to their clients through
- guided authorship of policies and procedures
- controls and oversight
- assisted implementation
- importance of maintaining logs
- regular reviews of compliance materials
- how to manage via compliance
- the importance of consistency in compliance
Business continuity plans were put to the test, and likely many written for the first time on the fly, when the pandemic began in Quarter 1, 2020. We will discuss not only continuity plans but the importance of reviewing the response and updating the continuity plan as a result.
We will discuss the importance of risk reviews and surprise risk audits and how they can prevent fraud.
Lastly we will discuss the importance of a partnership between external compliance staff and company executives. We will stress the value of a positive guiding relationship over an adversarial role that many business executives expect.
Planned Talking Points
• Importance of written policies and procedures
• Importance of controls and oversight
• Implementing policies and procedures
• Maintenance of detailed logs
• Reviewing policies and procedures
• Managing via compliance
• Importance of consistency as it related to compliance
• Business continuity
• Risk reviews
• Surprise risk audits
• Imparting the importance of viewing compliance experts as partners that can guide business vs auditors that can harm your business
Course Objective(s): Attendees will gain an understanding of the points listed above to better assist their clients.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.