- This event has passed.
INSTRUCTOR: Steven J. Tillinger, CPA
8 CPE HOURS
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Whether you are a generalist or a tax specialist, you will take away valuable information and insights from this eight-hour program. The course will bring you up-to-date on current issues in federal income taxation affecting individuals and small business owners with emphasis on coverage and analysis of 2020 tax legislation, with special emphasis on coronavirus legislation, both final and proposed; updates and new developments of 2019 and earlier tax law, with emphasis on continuing developments with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act; important court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; IRS revenue rulings and procedures; and more!
FLASH ALERT – Steve says there’s a lot to cover; it’s his longest presentation outline ever! He vows to tell you what you need to know! Can he do it all in one day??? Sign Up Now!!!
YOUR INSTRUCTOR WILL ADDRESS THE HOT TOPICS OF 2020
* 2020 TAX LAW – CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2021 – OVERVIEW – Second round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans, additional recovery rebates, tax extenders, temporary extension of various provisions, and more. Steve will tell you what you need to know. Sign Up Now.
* 2020 TAX LAW – CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2021 – PPP LOANS – Expenses related to PPP loans are deductible. But what else do you need to know? Steve’s got the answers. Sign Up Now.
* 2020 TAX LAW – CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY (CARES) ACT – OVERVIEW – You know about the non-tax legislation, i.e., the economic impact payments and the Paycheck Protection Program loans, but Congress also enacted significant tax legislation. Some provisions amend the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act retroactively. Do I hear amended tax returns? Come join the conversation. Learn all about it. Steve will provide comprehensive coverage and analysis. Sign Up Now.
* 2020 TAX LAW – CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY (CARES) ACT – INDIVIDUAL PROVISIONS – Congress relaxed the charitable contributions rules and expanded what is a medical expense. What else?
* 2020 TAX LAW – CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY (CARES) ACT – BUSINESS PROVISIONS – Congress made retroactive changes to the net operating loss rules, excess business loss rules, business interest expense rules and qualified improvement property rules. Think amended tax returns. But the AICPA and businesses want more! What’s going on? Steve’s got the details. Sign Up Now and Find Out.
* 2020 TAX LAW – CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY (CARES) ACT – RETIREMENT PROVISIONS – Congress relaxed the rules for early distributions from retirement plans and expanded how much you can borrow from your plan. We’ve seen this before. Liquidity matters.
* 2020 TAX LAW – CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY (CARES) ACT – OTHER ISSUES – Has your business thought through the tax implications of telework? What about nonresident aliens stuck in this country because of travel restrictions? Could the coronavirus pandemic give rise to a disaster loss? What else could there be? Steve’s on top of it. Sign Up Now.
* 2019 TAX LAW – SETTING EVERY COMMUNITY UP FOR RETIREMENT ENHANCEMENT (SECURE) ACT – Congress passed tax legislation that overhauls the retirement area for the first time in more than a decade. There are significant changes. Are you Up-To-Date? Sign Up Now.
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — SECTION 199A. Steve will continue his comprehensive coverage, analysis and update of the passthrough deduction included in the most significant revision to the tax laws in more than 30 years. Sign Up and Steve will bring you Up-To-Date.
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — BONUS DEPRECIATION. Two sets of final regulations. The regulations affect not only cost recovery deductions but also affect the section 199A deduction, the section 163(j) interest expense limitation and qualified improvement property. Be sure to attend and get brought Up-To-Date.
* FINAL & NEW PROPOSED REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — SECTION 163(j). Steve will continue his comprehensive coverage, analysis and update of the interest expense limitation included in this major legislation. Learn all about it. Sign Up and Steve will bring you Up-To-Date.
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT – S CORPORATIONS – Congress changed the distribution rules when an S election terminates. Final regulations provide guidance on PTTP. What’s PTTP you say? You need to Sign-Up and Find Out!
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — SECTION 1031. Steve will provide an update of the like-kind exchange rules of this major legislation.
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — MEALS & ENTERTAINMENT. Steve will provide an update of the limitation on meals and repeal of entertainment provisions of this major legislation.
* FINAL REGULATIONS – TAX CUTS and JOBS ACT — MISCELLANEOUS ITEMIZED DEDUCTIONS — Have you heard? The IRS has issued guidance of particular importance to estates and trusts.
* NEW HOT ISSUE – ACCURACY-RELATED PENALTY — You know it as the 20-percent underpayment penalty. Think uncertainty with section 199A, section 163(j), method of accounting/tax shelter rules. How do you protect your clients and yourself? It’s all included in this year’s tax update. Sign Up Now!
* NEW HOT ISSUE — Partnership/LLC tax basis capital account reporting. New reporting requirements. It’s mandatory. What’s this all about? Steve will bring you Up-To-Date. Sign Up Now and Find Out.
* NEW HOT ISSUE — S corporation tax basis reporting. The AICPA blessed? What did you say? Tell me it’s not true. It is and was part of 2018 and 2019 tax return reporting. Now it’s mandatory. Did you miss it? Did you ignore it? You need to Sign Up and Find Out What’s Going On.
* IMPORTANT — Updates and new developments covering 2020 and earlier tax law AND court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
* NEW DEVELOPMENTS — affecting partnerships and LLCs, and S corporations – as they happen – keeping you up-to-date.
* MORE DEVELOPING HOT ISSUES AND EVEN MORE! — Will You Be There?
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.