- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2020091808
8.5 CE hours
Our 2nd annual Financial Strategic Leaders Conference is scheduled for Friday, September 18, 2020. Don’t miss this CPE conference created with CFOs, controllers, senior financial leaders and accounting managers in mind! Learn about timely topics that are shaping the profession. Be sure to be with us when we dive into the following timely topics:
Paycheck Protection Program Forgiveness Update
Amy Moss, Shareholder, Chamberlain Hrdlicka,
Attorneys at Law
The Future is Here: HR Tactics for Navigating the New World of Remote Work
Steve Peglar, SPHR, PI, SHRM-SCP, Senior Vice President with The WhitneySmith Company
As organizations throughout the world move out of lockdown, it’s becoming clear that the largest ever experiment in remote working practices has generally resulted in a broad positive impact, and that for many of these organizations and their employees things will never again be the same. Recent and robust survey data supports this, and it appears as if the of remote work for many organizations will continue as a foundation of the “new normal” of work, with a range of anticipated benefits for both organizations and employees.
With this new reality upon us, HR is faced with a range of challenges in continuing to implement, administer, and enhance this new way of working. In this engaging webinar, Steve Peglar, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, will present insightful observations and practical tactics for addressing these concerns, with topics including:
- Creating a foundation for remote work – policies, procedures, & frameworks
- Required resources for employees & managers
- Communication issues & solutions
- “Zoom fatigue” – Remote work and our brains
- Recruiting challenges & the skills needed in new world of work
- Remote Hiring & Onboarding
- Engagement of remote workers
- Accountability & performance management challenges
- Recognizing & rewarding remote workers
- Preserving, fostering, and changing organizational culture in the “new normal”
Engaging The Right Talent for Tomorrow
Jay Kimelman, CPA, CITP – Founder & CEO, The Digital CPA
Finding the right talent is amazing, finding it without external pressure and time limitations can feel impossible. Retaining that talent is the holy grail. Join Jay Kimelman for a special presentation to help your firm proactively recruit within long-term strategies and use the integrated approach.
The Truth of the COVID Job Market
Mark Goldman, CPA, Principal & Bryan Edwards, CPA, Director – Consulting Services
MGR Accounting Recruiters & MGR Training
Join Mark & Bryan as they discuss
- Statistics on unemployment trends
- Supply and demand in accounting
- Myths about the job market from the employer perspective
- Recruiting and hiring in an unpredictable market
- Candidate behavior in an unpredictable market
Tom Long, Chief Development Officer, San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
Artificial Intelligence – Are we there?
Garrett Wagner, CPA, CITP, CEO/Founder C3 Evolution Group
We hear these term artificial intelligence or AI a lot but what do does it really mean and is it applicable today? Learn about this new technology and the role they will play in changing the accounting landscape and the profession. Empower yourself by understanding this new frontier and the opportunities it presents for the evolution of accountants everywhere.
100 Breaches Later: What CPA Firms Should Know, but Don’t, Regarding Cyber Insurance and Cybersecurity Law
Joe Brunsman, MSL, VP & CCO, CPL Brokers
In this presentation, Joseph Brunsman, MSL, reflects on the most common cyber issues that have surprised firms of all sizes across the country. Topics covered in this presentation will include the following:
- Why are firms denied coverage?
- What do I need in a cyber insurance policy, and why?
- What are the “easy-fixes and must-knows” before a breach occurs?
- What if I didn’t cause the breach? Who pays then?
- What impact does remote work have on my cyber insurance?
- What cybersecurity laws govern my firm?
- What happens after a breach?
Course Objective(s): Participants will gain understanding regarding the latest information on the topics listed above.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.