Course Number: 2021042321
1 CPE hours
Instructor: Ryan Johnson, Senior Partner, Alera Group
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This session will include information about cost drivers affecting employers’ health plan costs and solutions employers can implement to control or reduce them. We will discuss
- opportunities to increase transparency in plan costs
- drive better utilization from your membership
- ensure your plan is not overpaying for services/coverage
- and examine some more progressive approaches
This will help you make sense of many buzz words being thrown around so you know which solutions may make sense to pursue.
Course objective(s): Through this workshop, attendees will
- understand cost drivers they should be monitoring in their health plan
- understand various strategies in the employee benefit plan marketplace and identify the pros and cons of these solutions
- develop their own 3 to 5-year plan to become a top performing health plan.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is basic. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.