INSTRUCTOR: Blaise Bender, JD, CPA
8 CPE HOURS
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This session will cover Legislative, Judicial, and IRS Guidance of the past year as it affects individual taxpayers. The session includes
- new tax legislation pertaining to individuals under the CARES Act
- recently issued regulations under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- information to assist CPAs in individual tax planning for their clients
- coverage of the latest IRS rulings, regulations and procedures impacting individuals
- an up-to-date assessment of important tax court decision
- Revised Filing Status and New Due Diligence Requirements for Head of Household Status
- items of Gross Income and Revised Exclusions from Gross Income and reporting issues
- Passive Activity Loss Issues and Basis Reporting Issues
- Revised Adjustments to Gross Income (AGI)
- Standard Deduction Provisions and Itemized Deductions
- Revised Qualified Business Income Deduction
- AMT and other tax issues
- Personal Tax Credits issues
- Estate and Trust Update
- revised tax procedures update
The seminar will discuss planning issues. Blaise promises that this will be one of the most challenging and fun tax seasons CPAs have ever faced.
Course Objective(s): This seminar will give CPAs up-to-date information in individual tax preparation.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.