Instructor: Blaise Bender, JD, CPA, Blaise C. Bender PC
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This update will focus on tax matters, current and proposed legislation, impacting individuals, businesses, estates and trusts. Topics that will be covered include
- the proposed Biden Tax Increase Plans
- the American Rescue Plan Act for 2021
- updates to the Consolidation Appropriations Acts
- updates under the Cares Act, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- updates regarding the SECURE Act
- proposed legislation significantly impacting estates, gifts and trusts
- PPP and other economic relief updates
The session will also discuss recent revenue rulings and procedures as well as judicial decisions impacting our clients. Blaise indicates that the complexity of the economy continues to impact taxation from a planning perspective.
Course Objective(s): Attendees will understand the most current information and updates regarding federal tax to better assist their clients.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is overview/update. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.