- This event has passed.
COURSE #: 2020081822
INSTRUCTOR: Stephen Peterson, Vice President of CPA Partners
2 CE hours
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
This program will cover the Fundamentals of Fixed Annuities and Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities. Specifically, the course will cover
Fundamentals of Fixed Annuities
• Be able to identify the classifications and primary features of fixed annuities
• Understand the parties to a fixed annuity
• Understand the potential uses of fixed annuities.
Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities
• Understand the unique relevance of the Fixed Indexed Annuity in the market
• Be able to identify the key moving parts of a Fixed Indexed Annuity
• Understand how the minimum guaranteed returns are applied to Fixed Indexed Annuity
The instructor, Steve, has spent the past 37 years in various sales, marketing, training and management positions in the insurance industry. For the past 17 years, Steve has been conducting CPE workshops for CPAs and accounting/tax professionals around the United States. He has trained over 25,000 CPAs in 47 states, on retirement planning, annuities and life insurance. He’s a featured speaker at local CPA chapters and many state CPA societies/associations. His programs are high energy and he has an entertaining style to learning.
Course Objective(s): Participants will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of fixed annuities and the key points above.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is basic . There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required.