Course Number: 2021051121
1 CPE hour
Instructor: Pimlar Solutions
Nonmembers CPAs pay an additional $21.25 per credit hour for CE classes; nonmember CPAs will be held responsible for paying this additional amount.
Join Pimlar Solutions’ licensed financial investigators for an introductory discussion of analytical methods used in detecting fraud. It will address the importance of analyzing the entire dataset and subsets of data, using different modeling formulas to detect fraud.
The presenters will discuss
- analyzing large datasets for fraud
- finding the needle in a haystack in an efficient manner
- analyzing a general ledger in its entirety
- analyzing subsets of general ledgers
- using standard deviation to find most likely areas for fraud
Course Objective(s): Attendees will gain an understanding of the points listed above to carry out fraud detection efficiently and effectively.
Prerequisites: The method of presentation is online instruction and the program level is intermediate. There are no prerequisites for this course nor is there any advanced preparation required