Category: Staff Accountant
The Investment Accountant is responsible for assisting with different components of the financial accounting and reporting of the operations of real estate properties acquired and/or developed through the company’s various investment/fund vehicles. These may include office, multi-family, industrial, retail, hotel and mixed-use properties. This position works closely with the members of the Investment Accounting team whom are responsible for the accounting and reporting of the operational real estate assets. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of the following:
- Straight-line rent entries,
- CAM rule set-ups,
- CAM true-ups and reconciliations
- Vendor add approvals
- Scheduling of mortgage payments
- Audit support
- ETL estimate and actual entries
- Ensure that assigned property level activity is recorded, reviewed and approved in a timely manner to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Assist the Investment Accounting Manager in the review of such purchase price allocations (PPAs) for accuracy and book adjustments as needed to the original acquisition entry. This includes assisting in preparing the necessary documentation to input assets into the fixed asset system.
- Work with capital markets to provide any necessary financial information for new debt, refinancings or payoffs. Calculate and/or review debt covenant tests for property level debt. Ensure required reporting to lenders is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of WIP accounts and that assets are placed in service as appropriate. This includes reviewing the capitalization policy for proper treatment and assisting in determining the correct in-service dates and useful lives.
- Calculate the property management and construction fee calculations for compliance with property management agreements. Ensure that they are processed in a timely fashion.
- “GAAP up” property level cash basis budgets so that fund accounting team can layer in entity level activity.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by volunteering for special projects in the department.
- Perform research on accounting questions from investment accounting team members including 3rd parties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job level
- CPA, or actively pursuing CPA designation
- At least 1 year of relevant commercial real estate accounting experience
- Joint venture/partnership accounting experience
- Yardi experience
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
How To Applyhttps://careers-usaarealestatecareers.icims.com/jobs/1853/investment-accountant/login
About The CompanyUSAA Real Estate
9830 Colonnade Blvd, Suite 600
San Antonio,TX 78230
Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Investing for the USAA membership and aligned with more than one hundred investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with a significant co-investment in all programs.