Sr. Fund Accountant
Category: Staff Accountant
The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for accounting functions relating to a real estate portfolio consisting of office, multi-family, industrial, retail and hotel properties to include joint ventured properties. Responsible for processing, reviewing, analyzing, and recording property and portfolio related operating data into financial statements in accordance with GAAP. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Verify, review and analyze property and entity level general ledgers on both cash and accrual basis ensuring accuracy and adherence to established accounting policies and procedures. Responsible for general and advanced accounting functions and for meeting the accounting department calendar deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly/annual financial statements including supporting schedules in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare work papers and ensure the fulfillment of financial reporting requirements for external and internal audits and tax accountants. Inform management as to any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may exist that arise from the audit.
- Record the fair value adjustments for investments in real estate and debt in order to prepare quarterly/annual fair value financial statements.
- Interact with internal and external customers, asset managers, property managers and all necessary departments to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Assist in forecasting monthly financial results and cash projections based on budgets and known trends. Reviews budget to actual results and advises management of trends.
- Assist with special projects and other related duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years accounting experience with solid fundamental accounting skills required.
- Real estate fund accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel skills; familiarity with Yardi a plus.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
How To Applyhttps://careers-usaarealestatecareers.icims.com/jobs/1869/senior-fund-accountant-san-antonio-or-addison-tx/login
About The CompanyUSAA Real Estate
9830 Colonnade Blvd, Suite 600
San Antonio,TX 78230
Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Investing for the USAA membership and aligned with more than one hundred investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with a significant co-investment in all programs.