UNIVERSAL CITY,TX 78148
Resume DetailsJames P. Buchanan 8514 Universal City, TX 78148 Cell: (210) 848-9809 Email: J3uchanan@gmail.com |J3uchanan@icloud.com
ObjectiveSeeking a position in the accounting field, to develop career skills while helping an organization achieve its goals.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret, evaluate, and analyze information.
- Convey knowledge and information through written and oral communication skills.
- Participate effectively in teamwork activities while considering different points of view and to work effectively with others.
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio. 2016-2018. San Antonio, TX.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting.
- Business Core GPA 3.4. Major in Accounting GPA 3.1.
- San Antonio College 2012-2016. San Antonio, TX.
- Associate of Arts Degree in Business Administration.
- Business Core GPA 3.0
- Karen Wagner High School 2006-2010. San Antonio, TX.
ExperienceFlowers Baking Company. -Production Superintendent | September 2018 – Present
- Plan, schedule, and direct the activities of the assigned shift focusing upon efficiency, scrap, and downtime to ensure order demand and production quality needs are met.
- Direct, train, and monitor Production Supervisors, Line Leaders, and Hourly employees as to the knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all TBC policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc).
- Direct and oversee Production Supervisors and Line Leaders to achieve scheduled production rates and efficiencies, quality standards, safe work practices, and sanitation objectives.
- Responsible for preparing accurate production reports both daily and periodically to validate production, quality, and cost records.
- Responsible for maximizing production flexibility by scheduling modifications, employee cross-training, and retraining.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with shift leadership to inform, communicate, listen, and react to suggestions and/or concerns.
- Provides feedback, direction and development to direct reports. Develops specific criteria to evaluate individual job performance and regularly scheduled follow-up to monitor progress.
- Develops short and long term objectives for each Line within shift and reports weekly on progress of same.
- Monitors shift paperwork to ensure compliance with TBC and BRC standards.
- Coordinates with Quality leadership to ensure superior product quality and identifies any Line impairments to producing a quality product as well as meeting BRC regulations
- Coordinates all responsibilities through Director of Manufacturing.
- Monitors production technicians and outsourced labor are properly instructed in the care and safe operation of equipment and monitors employee use of such equipment.
- Reviews records and procedures to ensure proper use of time and materials.
- Performs continuous inspections of the product to ensure quality standards are met.
- Performs continuous inspections to ensure that all equipment is in good operating condition.
- Plans and adjust work assignments of personnel to cover all phases of production.
- Ensures employee compliance with work rules.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Promotes positive employee relations, as well as participates in investigations, grievances and/or disciplinary action process to coach employees on performance, attendance, and disciplinary matters.
- Leads line production with a focus upon efficiency, scrap, and downtime to ensure order demand and production quality needs are met.
- Direct production employees to achieve scheduled production rates and efficiencies, quality standards, safe work practices, and sanitation objectives.